Department of Police
Crime Awareness & Prevention
We encourage all students, faculty, staff and visitors to take an active role in their own safety and security while on campus. By following these guidelines, you can help maintain a safe environment for everyone at the College.
- Walk in well-lighted and well-traveled areas after dark.
- Walk with a friend or call the Department of Police for an escort.
- Immediately report all suspicious persons, vehicles, or activities to the Department of Police.
- Immediately report all crimes, security-related problems, and hazardous conditions to the Department of Police.
- Keep yourself informed. Check campus email and bulletin boards for campus alert notices pertaining to specific security conditions on campus.
- Take advantage of informational and crime prevention programs sponsored on campus.
- Never study alone in an isolated area of a campus building.
- Lock your car and secure valuables when using campus parking facilities.
- Become familiar with emergency exits and the locations of fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
- Lock offices when not present. Do not loan keys to anyone.
Campus Crime Statistics