To be eligible for a refund of tuition and fees, students must drop classes they do not wish to take by the published drop deadline. Refunds are processed after the Last Day to Drop with a Refund (see the Academic Calendar) and take up to three weeks to be received.
Refunds for dropped special session courses (shorter or longer course duration and/or offered at times other than the published semester begin date) will be permitted through the first 15% of the course length. Students should verify the refund deadline for such courses at the Advising Services office and ensure their mailing address on file with Reynolds is accurate.
Financial Aid disbursements are held until after the Last Day to Drop with a Refund for all course sessions in which students are enrolled. If eligible, financial aid balance checks will be processed after the disbursement(s) has posted to your student account, paying all tuition and fees, and bookstore charges if applicable.
Looking for a refund?
If you are looking for a refund, log on to MyReynolds. Navigate to the Student Center page, scroll down to the Finances section, and select Manage Refunds to see if you received a check or direct deposit. If you made a payment with a credit card, the refund may have been issued back to the card used to make the payment.
How to get your refund
Reynolds has contracted with Nelnet Campus Commerce to process financial aid and certain tuition refunds to students electronically. Reynolds is excited to provide students with the opportunity to select their preferred refund disbursement method and get their refund FAST, in as little as a few business days with Direct Deposit into your personal bank account.
Even if you do not anticipate receiving a financial aid disbursement or tuition refund, setting up your refund disbursement preference is recommended. You only need to setup your preference once for all future terms and you may change your preference at any time. We encourage you to sign-up early so your refund disbursement won't be delayed.
What are your choices?
- Direct Deposit (ACH) - Funds are deposited directly into your personal bank account within 7-14 business days after the refund is posted in the Student Information System.
- Paper Check - Checks are mailed through the US Postal Service to the mailing address listed in the Student Information System. Allow 10-14 business days after the refund is posted on your Student Information System account for your check to arrive.
*Certain state grants and tuition refunds may take an additional 3-5 business days (listed below). A business day is considered to be Monday through Friday.
- Commonwealth Award (COMA)
- ED Foundation Scholarships
- Local Board Scholarships
- Private Scholarships
- Private/Local/Alternative loans
- Part-time Tuition Assistance Program (PTAP)
- JSR Tuition Assistance
- Supplemental Financial Aid
- Foster Care
- Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program (VGAP)
- Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP)
- Brown vs. Board of Education
- TMS Payment Plan
- VA Chapter 33
Please note: If you paid your tuition with a credit or debit card using Nelnet ePay and are due a refund, your tuition refund will be issued back to the card that was originally used for payment. Funds are usually available within 7-14 business days after the refund is posted in the student information system.
Please log in to the Reynolds Student Information System (SIS) via MyReynolds and verify that your mailing address is correct.