As a college student, it is important that you are comfortable with the technology available to help you communicate with your professors, complete your assignments, and succeed with your academics. Occasionally, you may run into an issue and require assistance.
Reynolds Tech Support can assist with the following services:
- Free Student Software
- Printing at Reynolds
- Student Computing Initiative
- Mobile Device Checkout Service
- Student Information System (SIS) - used for course registration, transcript evaluation, etc.
- Gmail - used for official email communication with faculty, staff and other students
- Blackboard - used for completing assignments, viewing course grades, etc.
Click on the video to view Blackboard instructional topics.
Click on an image link to download the software to your computer.
Available to students each semester that are actively enrolled in an ITD, ITE, ITN, ITP or CSC course. Choose from a vast library of Microsoft software such as Visio and Server 2016.
Available to all currently employed faculty and staff and currently enrolled students each semester to create and edit files using programs from the Microsoft Office suite.
VCCS (Virginia Community College System) is now providing up to 1 terabyte (TB) of storage for students to store documents using the Microsoft OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Office Online services through the Student Advantage Portal. To learn more about this service, please click the link below view the official documentation.
OneDrive and Office Online Guide
Available to all currently employed faculty and staff and currently enrolled students to harden Windows and Mac computer systems against the threat of viruses and other malware.
At each campus library/computer lab, an Equitrac pay-to-print station will be available for students to purchase a reloadable card for printing documents.
The cost of the card itself is $1.00. A minimum value of $1.00 must also be loaded onto the card. The value on the card can be incremented by $1.00 or $5.00 up to a maximum of $10.00.
Each document that is printed costs $0.05 per page in black and white, and $0.20 per page in color.
To view a video tutorial on how to purchase a reloadable card, click here (requires Apple QuickTime software for viewing; For Windows users, the video can played using VLC Media Player).
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase a personally-owned computer or use a computer in one of the campus Computer Labs/Libraries to foster academic growth at Reynolds Community College.
Recommended Specifications for Adequate Performance on a Personally-Owned Computer:
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium or greater, or Mac OS X 10.8 or greater
- Memory: At least 4 GB (gigabytes) of RAM
- Networking: An Ethernet port and Wi-Fi capability
- Processor: 2.2 GHz (gigahertz) processor or greater
- Display: 1280 x 1084 resolution or greater
- Hard Drive: At least 320 GB of free space; can be supplemented with a thumb drive that has at least 8 GB of free space
- Optical Drive: DVD-R or DVD+R with at least 8x disc write speed
- Security: Firewall-enabled with some type of antivirus software installed
- Other: At least 1 or 2 USB ports
Academic pricing discounts are available on major computer/tablet brands including:
- To make a purchase through Apple, click here. Note: You must login with an existing Apple ID or create a new one.
- To make a purchase through Best Buy, click here.
- To make a purchase through Dell [University], click here.
- To make a purchase through the Microsoft Education Store, click here.
Students can now check out mobile devices, such as laptops and tablets, from any of the three campus libraries for up to four hours. Devices that can be checked out (at no cost to students) include:
- Dell Inspiron 7000 series 2-in-1 notebook running Windows 10
- HP Chromebook
- Apple iPad Air 2
Note: The Parham Road and Downtown Campus libraries both have five (5) of each device available for checkout. The Goochland Campus library has two (2) of each device available for checkout.
Information Technology Student Acceptable Use Agreement
The VCCS and Reynolds Information Technology Student Acceptable Use Agreement covers the college's policies regarding ethical behavior concerning the use of computers and technology on campus. The language of this agreement is included in the Policies and Procedures section in the College Catalog: http://www.reynolds.edu/_onlinecatalog/current/catalog.pdf
Recommended Practices for Cyber Safety
Top Ten Safe Computing Tips, from MIT