Orientation Preparation Checklist
New Student Orientation, better known as SOAR, is for students who are new to Reynolds and have never completed a semester of college. In order to ensure you are prepared, please complete the items below before participating in orientation:
apply To Reynolds
Complete the admissions application for Reynolds. It is free and only takes 15 minutes to complete!
log on to MyReynolds
Log into MyREYNOLDS. Begin checking your Student Information System (SIS) and personal email account at least weekly prior to the start of the semester.
- If you don’t have your password, call 804-371-3000 to have it reset
Complete the FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid known as FAFSA.
- Need help with the FAFSA? Attend a workshop prior to your SOAR session and increase your chances of getting aid faster!
- Learn more about scholarships at Reynolds.
check account for holds
Check your account “Holds” in MyREYNOLDS. This video will help you navigate SIS: Holds Video
- New Student Orientation (NSO) holds will be removed after meeting with your advisor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this hold.
Students need to submit a final official high school transcript or GED to the Admissions Office after graduation.
If you have transfer credit from another college or university, SAT or ACT scores, and/or AP/IB scores, send the official transcript to the Registrar’s Office.
Begin Monitoring Your Online Student Center
- Your "To Do" list will show if any financial aid related documentation is needed after Reynolds has received your FAFSA. Here's another helpful video to show you how: To Do Video.
- Your "Message Center" is where you would receive additional messages concerning financial aid, including updates about eligibility and notification of your award.
- Consult "Financial Aid Central" for more helpful financial aid resources.
Check out the Navigate icon in your MyREYNOLDS account to see your path based on the program or major you selected. If you are undecided, or do not see your program in Navigate, look at our list of A-Z programs.
Direct enrollment will maximize your success in college-level math and English classes. This will help you complete your college studies in less time, saving more money.
Complete the advising questionnaire, which will help place you in the appropriate math and English classes.
complete the online orientation
Complete online student orientation. Online orientation provides you with an overview of how to get started at Reynolds, information on how to pay for college and a list of outstanding Reynolds resources and services. Visit Go2Reynolds to get started:
- Click on Create Account.
- Enter the required information.
- Create your own password.
participate in soar
SOAR sessions are currently being held virtually via live Zoom. You can connect to Zoom for free from any laptop or device. We would encourage all students to participate using the video feature but if internet access is limited, you can also call in from a landline or cell phone. Family and guests are welcome to attend with their student. For security purposes, you will be sent the Zoom link and event passcode 2 days prior to your orientation session
Register for SOAR here: https://forms.reynolds.edu/SOAR/questions.asp
Please note: Google Chrome is the recommended browser and pop-ups need to be allowed as the registration page is a pop-up. We don’t recommend using Safari or a cell phone to register
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or 804-523-5155.