Before Attending Orientation Checklist
New Student Orientation, better known as SOAR, is for students who are new to Reynolds and have never completed a semester of college. In order to ensure you are prepared, please complete the items below before attending a SOAR session on campus:
Have you applied?
Make sure you have applied to Reynolds and completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid known as FAFSA (if you need financial aid)
- Need help with the FAFSA? Attend a workshop prior to your SOAR session and increase your chances of getting aid faster!
Have you logged on?
Log into MyREYNOLDS. Begin checking your Student Information System (SIS) and email account at least weekly prior to the start of the semester.
- If you don’t have your password, call 804-371-3000 to have it reset
Is there a hold?
Check your account “Holds” in MyREYNOLDS. This video will help you navigate SIS: Holds Video
- Some students will have a high school transcript hold on their account. This hold cannot be removed until an official high school transcript, including your graduation date, is received and processed. Please allow time for your transcript to be processed even if it is sent through Parchment; this could take 1-2 weeks. If you are running short on time, bring the sealed transcript to SOAR.
- New Student Orientation (NSO) holds will be removed at SOAR. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this hold.
Begin Monitoring Your Online Student Center
- Your "To Do" list will show if any financial aid related documentation is needed after Reynolds has received your FAFSA. Here's another helpful video to show you how: To Do Video.
- Your "Message Center" is where you would receive additional messages concerning financial aid, including updates concerning eligibility and notification of your award.
- Consult "Financial Aid Central" for more helpful financial aid resources.
Get Placed for Math and English.
- You may be eligible to waive the placement test. Submit your official transcripts and/or test scores. (Transcripts include college, GED, and high school. Test scores include ACT, AP, CLEP, GED, IB, and SAT.) You may bring these in an officially sealed envelope to any Enrollment Services location at one of our three campuses. Or mail to: Reynolds Community College, Admissions & Records, P.O. Box 85622, Richmond, VA 23285. Visit reynolds.edu/VPTwaiver.
- If you are required to take the placement test, take it seriously. The placement test determines what, if any, developmental courses you need first. Developmental courses prepare you for college-level math and English. Prepare in advance and visit reynolds.edu/testprep.
- If you aren’t sure if you need to take the test, call (804) 523-6464 to find out.
Did you complete the online orientation?
Complete online student orientation. Visit Go2Reynolds:
- Click on Create Account.
- Enter the required information.
- Create your own password.
- Keep track of your username and password. You will use it again in your SDV 100 course and if you take a Reynolds Online class.
- Choose the video Required New Student Orientation. In it, you will learn about different degree and certificate options at Reynolds, campus resources like tutoring, financial aid, and getting involved in campus life.
- You can return to this account to view all of the video options on the student dashboard, including videos on how to succeed in college.
Are you signed up for a SOAR session?
Sign up and attend SOAR
- Sign up HERE.
- Pop-ups should be allowed as the registration page will be a pop-up.
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser.
- We don’t recommend using Safari or a cell phone to register.
- Arrive early for the check-in process.
- Downtown Campus (DTC): Use the Reynolds Parking Deck and bring your parking ticket to the check-in table in the first floor lobby for validation. We cannot validate off-street parking or parking in the VCU deck.
- Parham Road Campus (PRC): Park in front of Massey Library Technology Center; the check-in tables are located in the lobby.
- Plan to stay for the entire program.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- You may bring up to 2 guests.
- You must sign up for a date in order to attend.
Seats fill quickly so sign up soon!
If you have questions or need to reschedule your date, contact us at email@example.com.