Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds!
During SOAR, you will:
- Learn how to navigate your MyREYNOLDS account
- Have the opportunity to speak with a financial aid representative
- Be advised and receive a set of recommended classes for fall semester
- Create your fall schedule
- Discover free services like tutoring, student accommodations, and how to get involved in campus activities
Questions? Contact us at 804-523-5155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE ORIENTATION DIRECTIONS:
Students should watch the online orientation before SOAR. It provides useful information about placement testing, the types of degrees you can get at Reynolds, financial aid, and tutoring.
View the New Student Online Orientation by setting up a Go2Reynolds account here. The Go2Reynolds account is different from your MyReynolds account; you will not use your MyReynolds username and password for this. You will create a new username and password for the Go2Reynolds account.
Other Useful Information:
Students taking classes to transfer to their home institution should complete a transient student form. Attendance at SOAR is not required for transient students. If you will be a high school student next year (2019-20) and in our Dual Enrollment program, you do not need to attend SOAR.
Check-in table locations for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: 2nd floor lobby
- Parham Road Campus: first floor lobby of the Massey Building
Parking for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: use the Reynolds parking deck, which is attached to the building. Bring your parking ticket to the check-in table for validation so you do not have to pay on the way out. Please do not use the gravel lots across the street or the VCU parking deck; we cannot validate parking for those lots.
- Parham Road Campus: Park in front of the Massey Library Technology Center and go through the front doors to the check in table.
Contact: email@example.com or 804-523-5155.