Students outside Bookstore

Community Resources

We realize that sometimes you may need additional assistance. We are here to help! Below are various resources for which the College can assist you in obtaining – which includes food, housing, emergency funds, and other health and human services. 

If you are in need of assistance with locating resources, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (804) 523-5025.


Reynolds Food Pantries

Dr. Pando and staff at Reynolds Food Pantry Reynolds has food pantries located on each campus in the Advising Services offices to address emergency food needs. Any currently enrolled student having challenges with securing meals can stop by one of our pantries and our staff will assist you. Advising Services are located at the following: 


Downtown Campus - First Floor, Room 105

Parham Road Campus - Georgiadis Hall, Room 100

Goochland Campus - Main Building, Room 238 


Pantries are open during regular Advising Services hours.   

Downtown and Parham Road Campus
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, Friday) 
8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Wednesday & Thursday)  

Goochland Campus
8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Monday through Thursday)
Closed on Friday

We are always seeking donations to address food insecurity issues for our students. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (804) 523-5025, or email us at


New Health Coverage For Adults

If you applied for Medicaid in the past and were denied, you may now be eligible. For more information about the new coverage, including answers to frequently asked questions, visit


Virginia 2-1-1

Food, Housing, Mental Health Services, etc.

Virginia 211 is a resource for all residents of Virginia that provides information on basic needs: food, housing, mental health services, and more. Individuals who are seeking these services may obtain access to these services three ways:

  1. Look online at You can search for resources based on your where you live.
  2. Call 2-1-1 hotline, where you can obtain information 24 hours a day.
  3. Contact the Office of Student Affairs, where we will assist you in searching the available resources to address your needs. 

Emergency Loans

In instances where students may need assistance with bills due to extenuating circumstances, additional funds may be available in the form of an emergency loan. Students interested in emergency loans may receive up to $1,500 to help with the costs that include rent, transportation, food, and other expenses associated with attending college during the academic year. Foundation funds are provided and students can repay these funds through expected financial aid refunds – provided authorization is given.

For more information regarding any of the resources listed above, please contact: 

Office of Student Affairs
Georgiadis Hall, Room 101