Priority Registration for the Summer 2019 Session opens Monday, April 8, 2019 and will last until Sunday, April 21, 2019. Monday, April 22, 2019 will be the first day for Open Registration.
AFTER you register for your Summer 19 (2193) classes please submit your Request for Certification (RFC) as soon as possible. This form can be found on the Reynolds Community College website. By submitting your RFC, it informs us that you would like to use your benefits for the Summer 2019 session. If your chapter/benefit is eligible we will place a DND on your account which holds your classes until we receive payment from the VA. If your chapter/benefit is not eligible you must pay out of pocket by the established deadlines for your classes to be held.
If you complete your RFC and then you make changes to your schedule i.e. drop a class and or add a class, please submit another RFC to alert us to the change so we can make the change in a timely fashion. In the same manner, when classes start and you make a change to your schedule i.e. withdraw from a class and or pick up a later starting class please submit a new RFC so we can make the change and ensure you are receiving your proper benefits.
We will start the certification process for the Summer 2019 session (submitting your credits to the Department of Veterans) on Tuesday, April 9, 2019. We process certifications in the order we receive them; the sooner you submit your RFC the earlier your certification will be processed. Please read all of the points on the RFC before signing and submitting. If you have any ineligible classes we will inform you via your school email; please check your email regularly.
We ask that the following chapters submit the following documents:
- Chapter 33: COE (Certificate of Eligibility) and your DD214. If you are not covered at 100% you will need to make your payment before you place a DND on your account.
- VMSDEP: Authorization Letter from the Virginia Department of Veteran Services. Authorization Letter must include the semester you intend to enroll in classes here at Reynolds.
- Chapter 35: COE (please note that Chapter 35 beneficiaries are only allowed to pursue one program at a time).
- Chapter 31: DD214 and Authorization Letter from Voc- Rehab counselor (form 1905). The 1905 must include the current semester for which you are enrolling.
- Chapter 30: COE and DD214
- Chapter 1606: COE and DD214
Chapter 33 Post 9/11 students- online classes will be paid at 50% of total benefit. The student must be enrolled in at least one class, in person to qualify for full housing allowance.
If you enroll in a class that is not a part of your program or that your DD214 satisfies (Personal Wellness Courses) they will not be certified and we will inform you via your school email.
Online Developmental Classes cannot be certified.
Withdrawals are not paid for by the VA and may result in a debt.
The majority of our Hybrid Classes at Reynolds are certified as online classes based on the requirements and guidance set forth by the State Approving Agency as it relates to what makes a class online or residential.
If you have any questions about any of this information please email us at this email address or call us at 804-523-5656.
We look forward to serving you!