Priority Registration for the Spring 2019 Session opens Monday, November 5, 2019 and will last until Sunday, November 25, 2019. Monday, November 26, 2019 will be the first day for Open Registration.
AFTER you register for your Spring 19 (2192) classes please submit your Request for Certification (RFC) as soon as possible. This form can be found on the Reynolds Community College website. By submitting your RFC, it informs us that you would like to use your benefits for the Spring 2019 session. If you complete your RFC and then you make changes to your schedule i.e. drop a class and or add a class, please submit another RFC to alert us to the change so we can make the change in a timely fashion. In the same manner, when classes start and you make a change to your schedule i.e. withdraw from a class and or pick up a later starting class please submit a new RFC so we can make the change and ensure you are receiving your proper benefits.
We will start the certification process for the Spring 2019 session (submitting your credits to the Department of Veterans) on Monday, November 26, 2019. We process certifications in the order we receive them; the sooner you submit your RFC the earlier your certification will be. Please read all of the points on the RFC before signing and submitting. If you have any ineligible classes we will inform you via your school email; please check your email regularly.
Last semester we stated the following information:
- Effective August 1, 2018 the MHA is calculated based on the location of the campus where the student physically attends the majority of their classes i.e. Parham, Downtown, Goochland.
- This means it is possible and probable that there will be different rates for the Parham, Downtown and Goochland campus. If a student is taking an equal number of classes at two locations, VA will pay the higher MHA rate.
- As of today this has not been implemented/the system has not been updated.
- If you did not receive a letter from the VA please the attached communication from them.
- Our main campus is Parham Road.
In order to be certified and depending on your chapter we need the following documents:
- Chapter 33: COE (Certificate of Eligibility) and your DD214. If you are not covered at 100% you will need to make your payment before you place a DND on your account.
- VMSDEP: Authorization Letter from the Virginia Department of Veteran Services. Authorization Letter must include the semester you intend to enroll in classes here at Reynolds.
- Chapter 35: COE (please note that Chapter 35 beneficiaries are only allowed to pursue one program at a time).
- Chapter 31: DD214 and Authorization Letter from Voc- Rehab counselor (form 1905). The 1905 must include the current semester for which you are enrolling.
- Chapter 30: COE and DD214
- Chapter 1606: COE and DD214
If you enroll in a class that is not a part of your program or that your DD214 satisfies (Personal Wellness Courses) they will not be certified and we will inform you via your school email.
Online Developmental Classes cannot be certified.
Withdrawals are not paid for by the VA and may result in a debt.
The majority of our Hybrid Classes at Reynolds are certified as online classes based on the requirements and guidance set forth by the State Approving Agency as it relates to what makes a class online or residential.
If you have any questions about any of this information please email us at this email address or call us at 804-523-5656.
We look forward to serving you!