Get Started For Vets
1. Apply to Reynolds
- Apply online at Reynolds.edu and receive your Empl ID (student ID) and username
- Log on to MyReynolds at Reynold.edu within 24 hours of applying. (password will expire)
- Apply for financial Aid. Complete Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)
- Apply online for Reynolds scholarship.
2. Get Placed
- Submit your official transcripts and/or test scores. ( Transcripts include college, GED, high school and Joint services transcripts)
- Submit test scores. (ACT, AP, CLEP, GED, IB and SAT)
- The assessment determines which developmental courses, if any students must take in order to prepare for credit-level courses.
- Student may take the test only once a in a four month period.
3. Start Educational Benefits
- If you have never received VA education benefits, apply online using the following link https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/vonapp. On this form, select which military benefit you are applying for.
- If you previously used military benefits at another institution, you do not need to re-submit the VONAPP. To transfer you benefits to Reynolds, complete the VA 22-1995 form https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-1995-ARE.pdf if you are an active duty service member or a veteran and want to transfer your benefits
- Complete the VA 22-5495 https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-5495-ARE.pdf (Change of Program Place of Training Form if you are a military dependent or spouse who has received benefits under Ch. 33 or Ch. 35.)
4. Get Advising
- First-time students, new to Reynolds, planning to enroll in courses will receive academic advising through a required new student orientation. This orientation is designed to assist students to be well prepared for the beginning of the semester. To schedule your orientation, please visit the new student orientation website for more information.
First-year advising (0-15 credit hours)
- Students with fewer than 15 credits, will receive an email from FirstYearAdvising@Reynolds.edu early in their first semester. This email will indicate which advisors advise in the student’s program of study. Students will be directed to schedule an appointment with one of the advisors who advise in their program.
For students with 16 or more credit hours:
- Students with 16 or more credit hours meet with their assigned faculty advisor. This person is listed in your MyReynolds Account.
- After you have met with an advisor and finalized a schedule please submit a Certification Request Form.
5. Submit Military specific documents (that applies to you)
- DD214 if separated
- Current orders if on active duty
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)/1905
- Authorization letter (VSMEPD)
6. Important to Know
- Personal Wellness: if you are the service-member, a copy of your DD-214 waives credit for the personal wellness requirement. The VA will not pay for the personal wellness classes for service-members
- Developmental classes: online developmental classes cannot be certified. Hybrid courses must be reviewed by the coordinator to determine eligibility for certification.
- Repeats: Students who wish to retake a class after receiving a grade other than “W” or F, cannot be certified unless the college catalog requires a specific grade as a prerequisite.