Math Central+ to the Rescue
Helping students in math, engineering, physics and more!
Math Central+ at Reynolds provides coaching and support for math students. Qualified faculty and peer math coaches offer a variety of techniques to support students through developmental and credit-level math courses. Whether you need help with a single homework assignment or ongoing support through the completion of your courses, Math Central+ coaches are here to provide important tools for success and to cheer you on.
Math Central+ Instructional Coaches provide support for:
- Developmental Mathematics Courses
- Fundamental Mathematics Courses
- College-level Mathematics Courses
- Assistance with software registration for MyMathLab (MML), WileyPlus, MyOpenMath, etc.
- Physics Courses
- Engineering Courses
- Online tutoring with Brainfuse
PRC- Walk-in hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,and Thursday. 9am-12pm Friday
DTC- Walk-in hours are 10:30am-1:30pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
One-on-One Tutoring on Campus
One-on-one tutoring on campus is available on a limited basis at PRC. Make an appointment through Navigate or in person.
Appointments available throughout the week and on the weekends for some courses. Make an appointment in Navigate.
About Our Coaches
Math Central+ coaches are not only knowledgeable, they are great mentors who lead by example. Students often develop meaningful friendships with their coaches and feel convinced that they can, indeed, "do math." Math Central offers walk-in, individual, and group coaching sessions.
Instructional Coaches are also qualified to teach at Reynolds. They can help with study skills, note taking as well as tutoring. Peer coaches are students or graduates that have completed a college level mathematics course and have been recommended by our instructors to work in Math Central+. Our peer coaches work directly with students by helping them with course content and mentoring them to become better prepared mathematics students.
Checking availability or Making Virtual or One-on-One Appointments through Navigate
All Online/Virtual Tutoring will occur through ZOOM Meetings. Navigate will send an email to your Reynolds student email account with the meeting details once the appointment is scheduled.
You can schedule a One-on-one appointment by going to NAVIGATE, found on your MyReynolds page.
- Go to your MyReynolds portal
- Choose Navigate
- Choose Appointments
- Click "Schedule an Appointment"
- Type of Appointment: Tutoring
- Service: Math, EGR, PHY Tutoring
- Choose Math, EGR, PHY One-on-One Tutoring
- Selesct the Desired Date...Click the "Find Available Time" button
- Choose a Tutor, Location and Course, then select a time from the filtered times to the right
- Add meeting notes (topics to discuss)
- Confirm and Add your appointment to your calendar
- If you want to drop in at either campus, choose PRC or DTC and look for drop in times to be sure a tutor who knows your course is on duty at the time of your choosing
For additional tutoring resources, check out the Brainfuse Online Tutoring page for more information. In addition to Peer Tutoring online, students are allotted up to 5 hours per semester of online tutoring from Brainfuse Help Now. To access Brainfuse 24/7, log in to your MyReynolds account and select Brainfuse from the MyReynolds main menu. You can also access Brainfuse from within your courses in Canvas.