Reynolds is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. The deadline for submission of international student applications with accompanying documentation is June 15 for fall semester and October 15 for spring semester.Contact the international student advisor in the Office of the Registrar for more information and to request an international student packet for admission. F-1 applicants will be considered for admission to an associate degree program or to the ESL program depending on TOEFL or IELTS test scores. Admission is not guaranteed. Reynolds does not admit F-1 applicants to programs in the School of Health Professions or in which the majority of classes are taken via distance learning.
The international student applicant must:
- Submit all international application materials and documents to the international student advisor in the Office of the Registrar by the appropriate deadline. Deadlines vary due to the processing time that is required based on the applicant's current visa or immigration status.
- Submit official original language and official English translations of all high school/secondary or college/university academic records. All applicants must be high school graduates and provide an official transcript that indicates the graduation date. In some cases, an official transcript evaluation may be required. The international student advisor will provide additional information.
- Submit the completed Affidavit of Support with three current (no older than three months) financial documents. This will demonstrate the sponsor's ability to pay for all educational expenses at the out-of-state tuition rates as well as personal expenses for one calendar year. A letter from the sponsor's employer is also required to verify employment status and yearly salary.
- Demonstrate that English is the native language, or an acceptable level of proficiency in English. Reynolds requires a score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS for admission to an academic program. A minimum score of 28 on the TOEFL iBT or a score of 4.5 on the IELTS is required for admission to the ESL program. Information on the TOEFL can be found at www.ets.org/TOEFL, and information on the IELTS can be found at www.ielts.org. All admitted F-1 students are required to complete placement testing in English as a Second Language and math upon arrival at Reynolds.
- Reynolds will administer the Accuplacer ESL Reading test and the Reynolds ESL writing and oral communications tests to students who are in the Richmond area. These ESL tests may be waived for applicants with college/university degrees where English is the language of instruction, or if they receive transfer college credit for ENG 111 (English Composition). The ESL curriculum is designed for individuals with at least an intermediate knowledge of English as determined by the ESL placement tests.
- Applicants who currently reside in the U.S. and are eligible to change from a valid USCIS status will be required to submit additional documents (and additional fees to USCIS). F-1 students transferring from other U.S. colleges must obtain permission to transfer from the initial college.
Reynolds is not a residential campus and is unable to provide student housing. Students are responsible for making housing arrangements.