Take a class here. Transfer the credits to your home institution. Save money!
Reynolds offers quality, online courses that transfer to your 4-year institution. Many of our professors also teach at four-year colleges!
Whether you are already a student at another college looking to take some classes at Reynolds to transfer back to your home institution OR looking for flexible general education classes...OR if you have decided to complete your degree or certificate at Reynolds, we have an option for you!
On average, students save $300 per tuition credit by taking a class at Reynolds, compared to Virginia public institutions*. That means that you could save $900 on a 3-credit course and $1200 on a 4-credit course, simply by taking the class at Reynolds and transferring the credits.
*Average savings compiled by comparing tuition rates per credit from George Mason University, James Madison University, Norfolk State University, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia State University, Virginia Tech, and the University of Virginia.
Steps for Getting Started
1. Admission & Activate your MyREYNOLDS
- You can find our free application for admission at reynolds.edu/apply.
- After you complete the application, you can set up your student account at MyReynolds.
2. Complete the Visiting Student Approval FormComplete the Visiting Student Approval Form and submit it to your advisor at your home institution. This will provide you with approval for the class you want to take at Reynolds and ensure that it will be accepted by your school.
Forms can be completed online by following the directions below:
- If the form opens in Internet Explorer copy the link and paste it into Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Download the form.
- Fill out the form in Adobe Reader.
- Sign digitally if necessary.
- Save PDF and email.
Send the signed Visiting Student Approval Form to email@example.com.
If you are unable to get a signature from your home institution, forward a copy of your unofficial transcript to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Reynolds advisor can help determine if you have met the necessary course prerequisites.
3. Register for Your Classes & Pay Tuition
You can browse available class schedules and register for classes through Navigate or the Student Information System (SIS), located in MyReynolds. Tutorials on using Navigate or SIS are available at reynolds.edu/tutorials.
The following classes are generally transferable to other institutions in Virginia. Please confirm courses with your home/intended institution for course transferability to your program/major.
- ENG 111 - College Composition I
- HIS 111 - History of World Civilization I
- HIS 112 - History of World Civilization II
- HIS 121 - United States History I
- HIS 122 - United States History II
- ECO 201 -Principles of Macroeconomics
- PSY 200 - Principles of Psychology
- BIO 101 - General Biology I
- CHM 101 - Introductory Chemistry I
- CHM 111 - General Chemistry I
- MTH 154 - Quantitative Reasoning
- MTH 245 - Statistics I
- MTH 161 - Precalculus I
- MTH 167 - Precalculus with Trigonometry
- MTH 263 - Calculus I
- MTH 264 - Calculus II
- MTH 288 - Discrete Mathematics
Frequently Asked Questions about Financial Aid
Can I receive financial aid as a visiting student at Reynolds Community College?
To be eligible for financial aid, you must be seeking to complete a financial aid-eligible program at Reynolds Community College. If you are visiting us from another school and do not plan to complete an academic program at Reynolds, contact your home institution regarding your financial aid eligibility options.
Is there a way I can receive financial aid at my home institution?
Many schools participate in the Consortium Agreement process which allows your home institution (where you plan to complete your academic program) to pay financial aid for courses taken at your host institution (Reynolds).
Students on a Consortium Agreement will be responsible for paying out-of-pocket to Reynolds Community College. Their financial aid will be processed by their home institution and they will be reimbursed with their financial aid from the home institution. Speak with your financial aid office at your home institution to determine if a Consortium Agreement is an available option.
How do I make a payment for my classes?
Various payment options are available. Please visit the Business Office for more information.
I have decided to complete my degree or certificate at Reynolds, what is my next step to receive financial aid?
- Complete the Reynolds Admissions application and be accepted to the college.
- Complete the FAFSA at www.studentaid.gov/apply. Be sure to include Reynolds Federal School Code on your FAFSA: 003759.
- Be enrolled in a financial aid eligible program, with the intent to enroll, at Reynolds Community College.