Your class tuition could be on us*!
*Qualifying programs listed further below for those unemployed and underemployed due to COVID.
Governor Ralph Northam announced that Virginia is allocating $30 million in federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act dollars to help Virginians whose employment has been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis pursue workforce training in a high-demand field.
The new Re-Employing Virginians (REV) initiative will one-time grants to eligible individuals to enroll in a workforce or community college program in five essential industries, including health care, information technology, skilled trades, public safety, and early childhood education.
These programs below represent a partnership between Reynolds Community College and the Community College Workforce Alliance. We are focused on one thing … preparing individuals well for good-paying jobs.
- You are a Virginia citizen.
- You filed a claim for unemployment benefits on or after August 1, 2020.
- You lost your full-time job due to COVID-19 and currently earn less than $15 per hour -OR- you lost a full-time job because COVID-19 caused your employer to close or reduce staffing, and you are now working in a part-time job that pays less than $15 per hour.
- You are interested in pursuing training or classes in a high-demand area: Early Childhood Education, Healthcare, Information Technology, Public Safety, or Skilled Trades.
Reynolds also has additional financial assistance to help you stay in school, get back to school, and back to work. Fill out the Reynolds Re-Employing Virginians (REV) Student Eligibility Form to connect with a Reynolds admission team member. If you need additional information, please email our recruitment team or call (804) 523-5789. For your safety, most classes are online and student support is available both online and in-person.
Early Childhood Education
- Child Care Assistant PAVE
- Early Childhood Development
- Advanced Medical Coder
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Med Services-Paramedic
- EMS-Emergency Medical Technician
- Health Care Assistant PAVE
- Health Science I
- Human Services
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Records Coder
- Opticians Apprentice
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Release of Health Info Specialist
- Respiratory Therapy
- Substance Abuse Counseling Ed
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Aided Design Specialist
- Computer Applications
- Computer Programmer
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems Tech
- Network Fundamentals
- Web Development
- Administration of Justice
- Criminal Justice
- Automotive Technology
- Diesel Mechanics Technology
Fast Forward Programs
The Community College Workforce Alliance (CCWA) works in partnership with Reynolds and Tyler Community Colleges to serve students with a fast track to the workforce with training and credentialing programs that can be completed in weeks or months. If you are interested in one of the following programs, contact CCWA or call (804) 523-2292.
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- EKG Technician
- Electrical - Level 1
- Emergency Medical Technician Specialist
- Medical Coding & Billing Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Certified Professional Coder
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Core-Introductory Craft Skills
- Heavy Equipment Operations - Level 1
- HVAC - Level 1
- Manufacturing Specialist (MS)
- Manufacturing Technician 1 (MT1)
- VDOT - Central Mix Aggregate Plant
- VDOT - Intermediate Work Zone Traffic Control Training and Flagger Certification
- VDOT - Inspector Series
- Bridge Preservation for Inspectors
- Documentation & Record Keeping for Inspectors
- New Structures and Bridges for Inspectors
- Plan Reading for Inspectors
- Roadway Construction & Drainage for Inspectors
- Site Manager
- Structures and Bridges for Inspectors
- Surveying for Inspectors