New Student Orientation, Advising and Registration, better known as SOAR, is for students who are new to Reynolds. In order to ensure you are prepared, please complete the items below:
Explore Programs & Careers
Apply To Reynolds & Submit Transcripts
Complete the admissions application for Reynolds. It is free and only takes 15 minutes to complete!
Students need to submit a final official high school transcript or GED to the Admissions Office after graduation.
If you have transfer credit from another college or university, SAT or ACT scores, and/or AP/IB scores, send the official transcript to the Registrar's Office.
Log on to MyReynolds
Log into MyReynolds. Begin checking your Student Information System (SIS) and personal email account at least weekly prior to the start of the semester.
- If you don't have your password, call 804-371-3000 to have it reset
- It is essential to set up your security questions within 24 hours of logging in- Do not skip this step!
Check your account " Holds" in MyReynolds. This video will help you navigate SIS: Holds Video
Complete the FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid known as FAFSA.
- Need help with the FAFSA? Attend a workshop prior to your SOAR session and increase your chances of getting aid faster!
- Learn more about scholarships at Reynolds.
Begin Monitoring Your Online Student Center
Check your Student Center in the Student Information System regularly to monitor important messages the college may send you.
- Your "To Do" list will show if any financial aid related documentation is needed after Reynolds has received your FAFSA. Here's another helpful video to show you how: To Do Video.
- Your "Message Center" is where you would receive additional messages concerning financial aid, including updates about eligibility and notification of your award.
- Consult " Financial Aid Central" for more helpful financial aid resources.
Complete the Online Orientation Modules
Complete the online new student orientation. These modules provide you with more detailed new student information and allows you to revisit in the future! Visit Go2Reynolds to get started:
- Click on Create Account.
- Enter the required information.
- Create your own password. (this is not your VCCS password)
- Complete "New Student Orientation" on the left side.
Meet with an Advisor
Complete the advising questionnaire, which will help place you in the appropriate math and English classes to complete your college studies in less time, saving more money. If you can't find your Username and Empl ID, or don't have an available term for enrollment, call the Reynolds Information Center at (804) 371-3000.
Please fill out the New Student Welcome Survey if you need to connect with an advisor.
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-523-5155.