Benefits for Active Duty Service Members and Veterans
Post-9/11 GI Bill (Ch. 33)

Helps you pay for school or job training. If you’ve served on active duty after September 10, 2001, you may qualify for the Post–9/11 GI Bill.

Use the link provided to apply for post-9/11 benefits and or to update your program of study or place of training

Get more information on Ch. 33 benefits.

Veteran Readiness and Employment (Ch.31)

Helps you explore employment options and address education or training needs. If you have a service-connected disability that limits your ability to work or prevents you from working, then apply for these benefits. Use this link provided

Get more information on how Ch. 31 may help you.

Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (Ch. 30)

Helps you pay for education and training programs. If you‘ve served at least 2 years on active duty, find out if you qualify for the MGIB-AD program. Submit your application for VA benefits ( VA Form 22-1990)

Get more information on Ch. 30 benefits.

Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserves (Ch.1606)

Offers up to 36 months of education and training benefits. If you’re a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, or Air National Guard, you may be eligible for this benefit. Submit your application for education benefits ( VA Form 22-1990)

Get more information on Ch. 1606 benefits.

Benefits for Dependents and Spouses
Virginia Military Survivors & Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP)

Provides education benefits to spouses and children of military service members killed, missing in action, taken prisoner, or who have been at least 90 percent permanently disabled as a result of military service. Military service includes service in the United States Armed Forces, United States Armed Forces Reserves, or the Virginia National Guard.

Use the myVMSDEP portal to establish an account and submit an online application.

Once approved for VMSDEP, you will submit your term information each semester as follows:

  • Visit the myVMSDEP portal
  • Select ‘Step 6 Application Management’
  • Select the ‘Manage Benefits’ button (The student benefits page will display)
  • Select the ‘Add Term Benefit Information’ button
  • Add your Term Information; then
  • Select the ‘Save Term Information’ button (Your Term information will be saved)
  • After your VMSDEP application has been accepted by the Department of Veteran Services (DVS), you will need to be enrolled in classes to begin receiving benefits.
  • Log into the VMSDEP portal.
  • To add an enrollment, navigate to the Enrollments tab at the bottom of the page.
  • Click on the Add Enrollments button and enter the required information. Click on the Submit button. At this time your Enrollment has been submitted.

Get more information on VMSDEP benefits.

Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance (Ch. 35)

Provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to service-related conditions, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.

Apply for education benefits as an eligible dependent using the VA Form 22-5490.

Get more information on the Ch. 35 benefit.

My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA)

Allows military spouses to receive up to $4000  in financial assistance for licenses, certificates, certifications, or Associated degrees  (excluding General Studies and Liberal Arts) necessary for gainful employment in high-demand, high-growth portable career fields.

Get Started With MyCAA.