Interested in getting involved with the Student Government Association? Fill out an application here.
What is the Student Government Association (S.G.A.)?
- A recognized Reynolds student organization composed of up to 7 students appointed to represent the students (Representatives are from Parham Road Campus, Downtown Campus and Goochland Campus)
- Members advocate on behalf of the student body for issues and topics of interest to students at the college
- Members represent the student body by participating in discussions with the College President and other administrative leaders of the institution, attending committee meetings and communicating to students about important policies and procedures
- Essentially, members represent all students all Reynolds and serve as the student voice on important College issues and decisions
What does it take to become a member of S.G.A.?
- Potential members must be a current curricular student at Reynolds who has completed (6) credit hours and is enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at Reynolds
- Interested candidates complete a petition for candidacy.
- Copy of upcoming Fall schedule from SIS (once completed).
What are the benefits of being in S.G.A.?
- Develop leadership skills which are sought after by employees and four-year colleges
- Represent your fellow students and serve the college community
- Build relationships with college administrators, faculty and staff
- Receive up to a $1000 stipend contingent upon the completion of responsibilities