Financial Aid (FAFSA) Workshops
Need money for school? Need help completing the FAFSA? No worries! The Reynolds Financial Aid Office is here to help! If you need any financial aid questions or concerns answered please drop in during our regular office hours. You may also set up a Zoom meeting with a financial aid specialist through the Navigate tile in your MyReynolds.
Not sure what to bring to be prepared? Find out more by reading Preparing to Submit the FAFSA!
Financial Wellness Events
- September 21, 2023, 1 - 2 PM - How to Secure Independent Living:
Presented by Virginia Credit Union. Navigating adulthood can be overwhelming; learn the ins and outs to guarantee financial success. Attendees will be entered in a raffle to receive a swag bag of prizes! Virtual on Zoom - Register here!
- October (multiple dates and times) - Repayment Ready:
Let's get repayment ready! Register to learn about your federal student loan repayment options and how to set yourself up for the best path forward. Reynolds has partnered with ECMC Solutions to help students navigate their federal student loan repayment. Virtual on Zoom - Register here!
- November 16, 2023, 1 - 2 PM - How to Build Credit:
Presented by Virginia Credit Union. Don’t sell yourself short—give yourself some credit by tuning in to the freshest Financial Wellness presentation! Attendees will be entered in a raffle to receive a swag bag of prizes. Virtual on Zoom - Register here!
ECMC is a free resource for Reynolds students and offers courses devoted to financial wellness topics (and more).
1st time users can go to: https://www.ecmclearning.org/Reynolds
Returning users can go to: https://www.ecmclearning.org/
Student Loan Pause Ends September 1, 2023.
The Office of Financial Aid at Reynolds wants to remind all student and parent borrowers who may still owe on a federal student loan that the payment pause that was enacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be coming to an end. Student loan interest will resume starting on September 1, 2023. Payments will be due starting in October.
- Unsubsidized loans will begin accruing interest, even if students are enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) at Reynolds.
- Students currently enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) can have their loans deferred while attending school.
- To access Information regarding your loan repayment status, log in to https://studentaid.gov/h/manage-loans.
- Information regarding which loans are impacted and how to resume loan payments can be found on the Federal Student Aid website, https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/covid-19.
- Current and former students and parents with questions regarding their payments should reach out to their loan servicer for additional information and specifically inquire about income-based repayment opportunities and potential eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
Federal student loan payments, interest and collections were suspended in March 2020 as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Managing Federal Student Loans
- Manage Loans
- What if I can't make my Loan Payments?
- Gone in default?
Finding a Job
Financial Aid Newsletter
Reynolds Fan: Nov/Dec 2023
- Summer 2023
- November/December 2022
- September/October 2022
- March/April 2022: Federal Work Study
- Jan/Feb 2022: Drop vs Withdraw
- Holiday 2021 Edition
- October 1: 2022-2023 FAFSA is available
- May 2021: Student Loans and Graduation
- March 2021: Navigating the Financial Aid Website
- January 2021: You Might Be Cold Outside...